Gelli (and other) printing session

We had a good session last week printing by various methods, some had gelli plates and others a variety of other things to mono print from: ikea chopping boards, perspex sheets and similar. Sue made some gelatin plates which several of us experimented with, they were quite soft and broke down delightfully as we printed.

Below are some of the results, sorry I didn’t get my camera out until some of you had gone home, as I had a very messy session! If you have pictures of more work please send and I’ll add it.

Alison R's printing with gelli plate on paper

Alison R’s printing with gelli plate on paper. Patterns from pressing objects and drawing into the paint. Alison used thickened dyes to print with (left over from the breakdown printing) and lots of interesting patterned objects.

Pauline's printed with gelli plate and some other methods too

Pauline’s printed with gelli plate and some other methods too. Patterns from print blocks Pauline had made previously. I think Pauline used acrylic paint to print mixed with acrylic medium?

Pauline's

a few more of Pauline’s

Jane's printed with gellatin plat ean dother methids - many of them coloured afterwards too, which is very effective

Jane’s printed with a gellatin plate and other methods onto paper – some had been coloured previously with a variety of media- many of them Jane coloured afterwards with a thin wash, which is very effective taking out most of the white background. Where the white shows it has been printed with gel /gloss medium as a resist.

Emma's using a gelatin plate and  grid patten onto fabric

Emma’s using a gelatin plate and grid patten onto fabric. The grid is from a pizza base which shows up well.

Some of mine, which were breakdown gelatin plate printed , lots of texture from the plate as it literally cracked up!

Some of mine, which were ‘breakdown’ gelatin plate printed. Thank you Sue for making the plate. There is lots of texture from the plate as it literally cracked up! By the end I had pieces of gelatin stuck to the paper, but it dried OK.  I did also use bubble wrap, natural sponge and threads to resist. All of mine are on paper with acrylic paint. I started mixing the colours with block print medium, but later just used acrylic, as it was just as effective on the gelatin.

a few more of mine

A few more of mine, showing some of grids, bubblewrap and string resist. Some layers were made using ikea plastic chopping board plate before using the gelatin plate.

 

Advertisements

About Chimera Textiles

A group of twelve embroiderers who meet together every two weeks in North Wales.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s